I'm probably going to start a 'Conversations with Corrie' series. I had in mind to start one that showed how she role-plays with her ducks and birds in the bath (maybe next time) because the dialogue gets pretty hilarious. This came up tonight, though, and I thought I would share.Editors note: Yes, there are a few exclamation points in her quotes. This is because as she nears the end of her sentence, she becomes excited about reaching the goal of making her point and finishing the sentence. And her new favorite word is 'Yeah!'
Corrie (to her toy groom guy. Yes, like the one on the cake): ...No, you cannot eat trees...
Brian (thinking, 'oh, this should be good'): You can't eat trees? Why not?
C: Because trees are outside!
B: So you can't eat them because they're outside?
C: Yeah. But mommy climbs trees...
B: Mommy climbs trees?? When did mommy climb a tree?
C: Mommy climbed a tree...in our backyard!
B: Did she climb on the first branch? Or did she climb all the way to the top?
C: No, she could not climb all the way to the very top...She just climbed to the first one - that's all the far she could go.
B: Maybe when you get bigger, you can climb trees too.
C: Yeah, I can climb trees...when I'M a mommy! Do you like to climb trees??
B: I do like to climb trees. Maybe you can watch daddy climb a tree some day.
C: Does Grandma like to climb trees?
B: I don't know, why don't you go ask her.
C: goes downstairs to ask...
Just before bed, Carrie asks her again why you couldn't eat trees.
Answer: "Because trees are yucky. I want a snack!"
3 comments:
Grandpa likes to be up high in a tree and look around. But don't go to sleep! Grandpa did once and he fell out and smashed his nose! Love you Corrie!
Mmmmmmm.....trees!
Ron
I am addicted to your family's antics. More, more!
Post a Comment