Corrie has discovered the big books on the bookshelf in our bedroom. Yesterday she carried the dictionary around saying it was a 'big pooh story'. I have found her 'reading' to her animals and dolls.
Today before nap I said I would read her two books. She picked out Pandy and the Little Bird (a favorite) and Hinds Feet on High Places (a paperback from mommy and daddy's bookshelf). She picked out Hinds Feet because of the deer pictured on the cover, and called it 'the deer book'.
I started reading Hinds Feet, about Much-Afraid and how she cared for the Good Shepherd's flock, etc.... It talked about the cottage she lived in and as I paused to turn the page she said, "Cottage?! I love cottage cheese...". We got about one more sentence when she politely closed the book and said, "Ok, we are done."
I think she's starting to feel better.
Jabez
-
Today we celebrate a life well lived for an amazing dog. She turley added
to our family and we will miss her dearly. We love you Jabez!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment