Some of you want us to post more than just Corrie. Well, you asked for it - and this is what you get :)
Just google 'spider bite' images and you'll see why I began to get worried about my left index finger. I was pretty sure it was just an infection, but it was getting worse so I wanted to 'get it checked out'. It started with a small cut on my finger (a little blister?) Sunday or Sunday night, and then after I had finished closing the building (flipping mattresses over....yuck?) it all started. Here is the healthcare saga of a finger:
Monday, 6:30am - The finger woke me up. All day Monday it felt like someone held a lighter to it (for the surface pain) and/or squeezed it with a pair of piers (for the inside pain).
7:15pm: - Went to the Urgent Care clinic with Corrie (mom went to the movie at 7).
9:24pm - Left the "Urgent" Care clinic in disgust. I had made it as far as the nurse, but no doctor came. They supposedly close at 9pm.
Sometime in here is when I wrote the bad review on google maps...
1:15am - Finally finished some end-of-the-year reports and thought about going to the ER. It had begun to spread past my knuckle and inflame the back of my hand. Looked like a sunburn. This is when I looked online at spider bites that had fingers bursting open :( Decided I could go to sleep and get up early in the morning.
Tuesday, 5:45am - Finger woke me up again.
6:45am - Went to the ER. Saw the big sign with 'alternative' places for care, and that the clinic by Kroger opens at 7:30am and the Urgent Care opens at 8am. I decided to leave the ER.
7:40am - no one showed up to open the clinic by this time.
7:55am - I arrived at the Urgent Care for a 2nd time (I had already paid $30 last night, so I thought I'd try again)
8:45am - finally got to see the doctor and get a prescription for antibiotics. He said it's not bad enough to cut open. Also got a tetanus shot. Their pharmacy didn't open until 9am, so I went to Walgreens.
8:55am - Walgreens said it would be 10-15 minutes, so I helped a guy jump-start his car in the parking lot. Also discovered standing water in the lower part of the trunk where the tire and cables were...
9:37am - finally got home and took my antibiotics. I go back in two days.
So, hopefully I don't lose part of my finger - or have it split open for a couple weeks while I'm trying to move! I also hope it's not a staph infection, as that could be bad for me if it's gets into my bloodstream.
I also have my last Bowling Green oncology visit this Thursday... but I did my labs a few weeks ago (had to reschedule a couple of times since then.) I assume the labs and x-ray were OK, otherwise they would've called me by now (?)
Jabez
-
Today we celebrate a life well lived for an amazing dog. She turley added
to our family and we will miss her dearly. We love you Jabez!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment