Thursday, May 15, 2008

The saga continues...

After two days of antibiotics, it hadn't improved. It didn't spread any further, but the local area actually became worse. Today the saga continued a bit:11am - Went to see Dr. Colucci for my 6-month cancer checkup. Everything still clear, so that was great news :) She told us that she's leaving too (Wisconsin) and that they can send my chart up to whomever I find up in Indiana. She didn't know much about infections.
12:15pm - Stopped by the Wound Care dept. across the street where our friend Marquita works (they helped me with my 30-staple 'zipper' before). Her and the other nurse both said it needed to be opened and drained, but no doctors where there on Thurs. and F
ri. I took the girls home and headed back to Urgent Care.
1pm - Dr. Grace saw it and said "Oh, J****", meaning it had become worse when he expected it to get better. I'll spare you the details, but after a few shots of Lidocaine (sp?) and an incision that almost made me want to join in the cursing, I was all bandaged up and ready for more drugs.
2:30pm - Picked up the girls, grabbed a late lunch at Garcia's and tried to figure out how we could still do the Indy trip. This is when the pain meds started to feel good (whereas now I'm about to pass out).
Moral of the story? Wear big gloves when you check a bunch of 'dorm' rooms :P

1 comment:

Shepherd Fam said...

Oh my lands! That looks awful!! I'm so glad you finally got the drugs and drainage you needed. Please post a recovery photo when you're able. We'll all need closure on this one!