I wonder how long I can go with bringing my lunch...before sandwiches get 'old'. Today's sandwich: ham, salami, spinach, and provolone on a wheat french roll (I forgot the tomato slices). Also in the bag - two homemade chocolate chip cookies (you know, the famous BP cookies. except CP made them).
I'm typing between bites and 'classic rock' songs from accuradio.com
Tomorrow is the start to our busy weeks (Day on Campus days). We go for three weeks, orienting and registering new USP students for the Fall. But! we also get our internet kit for the apartment tomorrow (after two weeks of talking to every Verizon person in India) and should be blogging via D-S-L soon (photos included).
No imagery yet, although I could bring our camera here, I suppose. Use your imagination for now :) My building is a 10-story mauve paneled (checkerboard?) building on the south end of campus. It's a small city, really. I forgot to expect how decentralized it has to be. So far, I love USP though :) Just not the new-guy stage. At least not the trying-to-sort-it-all-out part.
As you can tell, this is a rather large sandwich.
The Disability office is right next to our offices (quite a coincidence, considering the size of the campus) and Carrie may get some chances to interpret yet. There is a grad student named Katie that she knew from Granger who may be able to watch Corrie for us occasionally (woohoo!).
We're finally all set up in the apartment (meaning it starts to feel like our place, our home). We tried out the pool and Corrie loved it! She's ready to jump off the edge, swim out from the steps on her own, etc. Fearless like a Powell ;) We all got a little sunburned. Me the most, though, stubborn like a Powell (without sunscreen). Last night, Carrie cut her hair on our porch. It was starting to cover her eyes. She has met two other girls on our street: Riley (my name idea before Cora was born...did you know that?) and Miki (I have no idea how you spell it).
On to the smaller, but just as tasty, hermetically sealed applesauce.
Carrie is feeling a bit like she did when she first came to Kansas with me.. and I would go off to class.. but we get to see her family next weekend (they're visiting us?) and then Bowling Green the next weekend, and then the Powells for the 4th. Her and Corrie loved the library in Lafayette - librarians with lively reading sessions, funny chairs, child-sized everything, and free toy bugs. Corrie is talking so much and using so many new words now that I'm at work, I need Carrie's help interpreting sometimes. Growing up so fast.
Well, the cookies don't allow me to stop and type...and my lunch is almost over. Also, this post is long enough. Yikes. Next time, you should see some pics and videos from the last two weeks!
Jabez
-
Today we celebrate a life well lived for an amazing dog. She turley added
to our family and we will miss her dearly. We love you Jabez!
11 years ago
1 comment:
Dear Brian: the changes in your lives and the solid direction of God makes me cry. I am so thrilled for this leg of your journey! See you soon,
Post a Comment