Monday, February 11, 2008

The weekend

Brian's brother and wife came from St. Louis this past weekend. We had a good time. Steve won a round of disc golf with Brian and then I creamed everybody in a game of Settler's (It doesn't happen often so I don't feel bad saying it... smile.)

We did other things too! Our friend Lewis came over and I couldn't resist the photo op while they enjoyed watching Elmo. He seems quite popular with them these days.



a friend...


Corrie smiling with Uncle Steve.

We also tried painting her toenails. Although I think we should probably have waited til it got a little warmer because now she insists on no socks so she can see her pink toes!



A little story... Some days we can't believe how much she is growing. Last night after bath I asked her if she could say her ABC's and she started saying something that sounded like letters and then I asked her if she could count. She stopped for a minute and then said, "Two, Free, Or... (long pause), Hi!". We won't say she can do long division yet (smile) but I was surprised that they sort of resembled numbers and that they were in the right order. She will also say some really random things but they are clear as a bell. The other night she said "eyebrows" while looking in the mirror and I love it when she says "noodles".

2 comments:

the Powells said...

Yeah. I guess 3 and 11 really are good numbers after all :P

Shepherd Fam said...

Thanks for posting these photos and for hosting Lewis for some quality time. We're hoping Corrie's love for language will rub off on him eventually!! :)